Join our Team!
The Public Lighting Authority is looking to grow its dedicated, passionate team, working to restore and maintain reliable street lighting in Detroit. The ideal candidates are self-motivated, energetic, have a thirst for knowledge and share the Authority’s sense of urgency to revitalize the community.
The PLA is now hiring for an Inventory Specialist.
SALARY: $18 per hour plus insurance benefits
OPENING DATE: 10/4/21
CLOSING DATE: Until filled
DESCRIPTION: This position reports to the GIS/Inventory Manager, and under general supervision, receives, stores and issues materials and maintains records in the warehouse.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
• Receive and inspect incoming inventory.
• Process incoming and outgoing warranty inventory.
• Track incoming and outgoing inventory.
• Provide inventory control reports as required.
• Maintain count accuracy (digital and physical counting).
• Updating database with incoming and outgoing material.
• Loading and unloading deliveries.
• Maintain safety while using equipment and tools.
• Dispose of obsolete inventory (scrap) as directed.
• High school graduate or GED
• 2-plus years of experience handling and issuing supplies.
• Able to use a computer and other office technology to maintain related clerical records.
• Familiar with data entry systems.
• Able to lift 50 pounds.
• Great written and verbal communication skills.
• Attention to detail to identify defective products.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
LICENSING AND CERTIFICATIONS:
• Valid State of Michigan Operator License
• Forklift Operator License/Certificate
• Must possess sufficient physical agility to maneuver through storerooms, storage yards and warehouses.
• Able to stand, bend, stoop and kneel frequently in a warehouse environment.
Interested applicants should send their resume and cover letter to Marie Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org.